Monday, September 18, 2006

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is/was Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. I’m taking the opportunity to make my push and show my support for this endeavor. Please take a minute out of your day and click around the websites I have included in this post and see if supporting this cause/effort is worth your while. As a cancer survivor I can attest to the difference it makes having a support system and people in place with the right attitude, ability, and technology. Even something as little as a smile or a thought is all that is needed. Don’t think about giving your money – think about giving your time. Volunteering was the most rewarding experience of my life and I can’t wait to renew that commitment. If you are looking for suggestions read into becoming a Pediatric Chemo Pal.

I often take for granted my experiences and make fun of my personal disposition. I’m old enough to be comfortable with that. These kids are not. Some are not mature enough to deal with the harsh realities that they have been dealt. Some are too young to know the difference. A cruel and unwarranted fate should not be tolerated when we could possibly have the means to an end within reach.

These are not just faces you see on a website or in some commercial. These are living, breathing, smiling, playful, lovable children – embrace them.

Why should you do something -- because "The Hoff" says you should!

Those close to me know that I am not a preacher, overly-aggressive advocate, or fanatic. I am, however, one voice. I am one voice attempting to gain another. Please, do your part – it’s not only their future, it’s your future as well. The life you influence could be your own...GOD BLESS!

CureSearch (NCCG & COG)
National Children’s Cancer Society
St. Jude’s Children Hospital
American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
The Tomorrow Fund

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home