Friday, August 18, 2006


"Steady, As She Goes..."

It has been some time since I last ventured into the internet-ready world. There is so much to talk about and so little time before carpal tunnel sets in. The last few weeks I spent back home in Cleveland, OH visiting family and friends in an attempt at getting away from the daily grind that has become my life/job - surfing the internet. I will spare you the complete rundown of my sabbatical and dive into one event in particular (for now)...

My first weekend home found me at the House Of Blues with my little sister and her friend to see The Raconteurs. For those that don't know, The Raconteurs consist of Jack White (White Stripes), Brendan Benson (Brendan Benson & the Wellfed Boys) and Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler (The Greenhornes).

As a fan of the White Stripes and Brendan Benson, I was really looking forward to this show. I haven't missed a Boston run of the White Stripes since moving here in 2003. I was in desparate need of a good, straight Rock & Roll fix. Needless to say they did not dissappoint. They hit up all the major tracks from there debut release Broken Boy Soldiers, and even covered Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" during their encore. The evening showcased the rockstar that has become White, but was filled with the escapades of Benson (both vocals and guitar) with strong accompanyment provided by Keeler and Lawrence (drums and bass, respectively). Dean Fertita also supported the band's live act on the keys. It was an amazing show from start to end. I was left buzzing after the nearly two hour performance closed. The lights, the sound, the band - not one moment to complain about...well, maybe the fact that I was in Cleveland is worth complaining about!

I can't wait to see them again in September! GO SEE LIVE MUSIC!

1 Comments:

Blogger chacha said...

i agree, youve got to see live music!! too bad you cant come see 311 with us, but definately next time!! oh yes, next time!! :)

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home